In January 2014, CampusJobXpress.com is bringing online a new service. This service is a personal web page featuring you. It will have your picture, resume, summary of qualifications and a one-minute video. This page will then be emailed to employers to show who you are and what you have to offer. This may not be for everyone, but it certainly will give many of you the added boost you need to clear the pack of applicants that look good on paper, but really don’t have what it takes.
Many employers are expressing dissatisfaction with the hires they are making because they look good on paper and not what they appeared to be when hired. If you had to present yourself, what would you say, how would look and what impression will you give?
When preparing to do your video resume, here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- How do you look?
- Are you dressed appropriately?
- Do you have an outline of what you need to say?
- Have you spelled out your most important accomplishments?
- Do you have a timer so that you will know not to go over a minute?
- Can you articulate, in proper English, everything you need to say?
- Be personable and friendly looking
- Smile when you can and at appropriate times
- Look into the camera.
- Make sure you thank your interviewer.
Thanks for the info.