Discussion 25: UI (Un-employment Insurance) Questions

Job Club Heart of Texas, Job Search | 62 comments

Hello,

We hope that you all had a happy holiday and a happy new year! The discussion is late today, because we are trying to see what is going to happen with your UI benefits. We have heard the vote, but we are now waiting to see what the response for Texas will be. Are there any questions you would like us to ask on your behalf while we are in talks with the UI division of TWC?

Here is the most recent information we have acquired:

http://jobsearch.about.com/b/2013/01/02/unemployment-2013.htm

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui/bnfts/unemployment-news.html

– – – -ATTENTION- – – –

We have a brand new company opening up and looking to hire. We will be holding a job event for this company, whose name will remain anonymous until the event, around Wednesday or Thursday of next week. The following jobs are specific positions they are asking us to prescreen for. If you are interested in this opportunity, please email me at Rachel@campusjobxpress.com and be sure that your resume is uploaded to your Campusjobxpress.com profile. This company, for most, may require a 20 minute commute.

Here are the open positions: Plant Manager -Maintenance Technician -Shipping/Receiving -Material Handlers -Machine Operators (Stock Tank Line) -Assemblers (Dog Kennels and Panel Gates) -Welders (Galvanized products)

You have a very limited time to email your interest for review of your resume. THIS EVENT WILL BE NEXT WEEK, HURRY!

– – – -ATTENTION- – – –

Home Depot has new positions available and they are HIRING! They will be having a special hiring event Saturday-January 12 from 8am-5pm at the Bellmead Home Depot. At this event they will be able to pull your online application and interview you on the spot. For a chance at this opportunity you will want to apply first.

http://careers.homedepot.com/career-depot.html

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Rachel@campusjobxpress.com and I will do my best to find an answer.

– – – -ATTENTION- – – –

The H.O.T. Workforce Center will be holding a Food Service Job Fair January 24th from 9AM-12PM in room 272. Don’t miss out on this opportunity. There will be many different businesses there offering a wide variety of positions.

p

Important:

After you comment you will receive an email notification each time a new comment is added to this page.

• You can easily stop receiving these emails at any time. The bottom line of each email you receive will include a “Manage your subscriptions” link. Click this link to unsubscribe or change your settings.
  • Unless you already subscribed to this article you will see a drop down menu under the “submit comment“ button. To comment without subscribing, you must use that menu to change “All“ to “Replies to My Comments“ or “Don’t subscribe“.
  • If you are already subscribed to this article, the link to manage your settings will appear at the bottom of this page, under the “submit comment“ button.

62 Comments

1. sharringt0n

I would like to know: will they notify us about the extension amount by email or snail mail, or will it show online? Will there be a delay in receiving benefits and if so how long of a delay? Do we need to re-request what we already requested last Sunday? Thank you.

2. Jeffrey Gregoire

Happy New Year to all! Would also like to know the details of UI & how we will be notified. Looking forward to a great 2013 & prosperity with it! Jeffrey Gregoire

3. carolynwalter

No questions from Carolyn at this time. Hope everyone has a prosperous New Year.

4. kareypatterson

Thank you for details. Will be looking for them.

5. Patricia Gresham

This might be helpful for Sharringt0n and Jeffrey. I received notice by postal mail that I have been approed for ECU bebefits. I have been told to come to a mandatory reemployment/eligibility assessment meeting for this Friday. We will see what happens after this.

6. ioniajones

Hello, this is Ionia Jones, today t am suppose to request payment for one week. This is suppose to be my last payment. I am not sure what I should do now! Should I go ahead and make my request or should I wait?

7. Eugene Wlodarek

Thanks for the information.

8. Penny Bell

Good Afternoon. I requested payment this Monday for two weeks. The automated system told me this will be my last payment and that I would need to call this week to make another claim to possibly continue to receive benefits. I was wondering do I need to do so when I had already completed this step.

9. Penny Bell

Good Afternoon. I requested payment this Monday for two weeks. The automated system told me this will be my last payment and that I would need to call this week to make another claim to possibly continue to receive benefits. I was wondering do I need to do so when I had already completed this step prior to the Fiscal Cliff deal? Hope all is well with everyone. Thanks.

10. Jon

Thank you for the info , no questions at this time.

11. lancesanders

Hope they extend the benefits. As of right now, mine has ran out. =/

12. sherriemorgan

I don’t have any questions at this time. I am already on extended benefits and have a mandatory meeting this friday. Keeping my fingers crossed that my check gets here before my house payment is due.
    Thanks,
    Sherrie Morgan-Cole

13. markbeadle

Thanks for the information.
    Hope everyone had a good and safe New Year.
    Good luck to all in looking for a job.

14. Jann Page

Me too. I have received extended benefit check today and also have a mandatory meeting at the main workforce bldg on 1/4/13 for assessment to continue getting the benefits. Jann Page

15. jeridsmith

How do I find out if my unemployment does get extended? And will the let me know what steps I need to take?

16. michael calderon

I hope everyone hade a happy new year. If everything comes out right I will start a new job monday. I will let the workforce know something next week. I wish everybody good luck in your search. Don’t give up and something will come soon.

17. Melvin Freeman

Thanks for the update.

18. ljwp

Thanks for the info.

Linda Parten

19. ioniajones

Ionia Jones here, Good luck on your new job, Michael!

20. ernestinesample

Hello, thanks for the update. My questions are like some of the others so i will wait on an response.

21. Frances Gerick

Hello everyone. I haven’t received any letter to report. I filed this past Sunday 12-30-12 and received my benefits posted today in my account. Wasn’t sure I’d get it since the time before when I requested the benefits, it said that would be my last. Just so thankful !

22. beverlyheaton

I received a letter today saying I had exhausted all of my UI benefits I had made my request for payment on Sunday but it only let me request one week.

Beverly Heaton

23. Jonathon Pledger

Thanks for the info. Happy New Year!

24. Melvin

We are looking into all of your questions. They have been sent to the UI Department. We are awaiting answers and will post the answers as soon as they come in to us. Thanks for waiting.

25. Daniel Coulon

Interview in Fort Worth tomorrow – wish me luck

26. Michael Rogers

Thanks for the info. Hope and praying this new year is going to be a great and blessed new year for all here and for myself. Happy New Year to everyone and God bless.

27. Charles Becker

Thank you for the updates. Will look forward to replys to the questions.

28. Mac McKnight

If I have allready used all my regular benifits and recived my 211 letter stating I have exhausted my exstended benifits.
    Will I be included in the new exstended benifits?

29. markskinner

I’m sure it will take some time to sort all of this out since the vote just happened. It would be helpful just to know where to keep checking for any updated information. On this website or where? Thanks.

30. kilgovir

Thank you for the update. I’m going to continue watching to see what will happen in Texas.

I’m thankful I did find a PT job and that helps.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Virginia Kilgore

31. Susan Wade

Hello everyone, Susan Wade here. I too received a letter from TWC stating I had exhausted all available UI benefits. I would like to know if this is only on the state level and if there are benefits available federally? Should we continue to request benefits?

32. angeladevinney

Good luck to all of those with interviews. I was approved for benefits extension. I have to report to the UI meeting on Friday at 9am. My letter had told me on the 19th to call that week to report my earnings for the new term, but I had just reported on the 18th. It wouldn’t allow me to report again. Today when I reported for my regular next reporting period, it gave me the same thing others have reported that this was my last check for the term, etc (even though I already received my approved letter, I don’t know if it’s just because it’s easier that way through Teleserv or what). I guess I will see some of you in person on Friday! Happy New Year all!

Angela

33. Charles Waddle

No questions.

34. brandyrodriguez

My questions would be the same as the others…Just would like to know when and how we know if our extended benefits continue. I’m praying that they do for a little longer until I can find some work.

Brandy Rodriguez

35. dorothy conroy

I will be watching for the info on the UI benefits.

Thanks for your help
    Dorothy Conroy

36. Bob

Happy New Year! Look forward to hearing about the discussion of changes. Thanks for the information.

37. Gary McCully

Out of benefits. Good luck All.

38. cjxpadmin

Hello everyone.

If you happen to be at the center there is a Home Depot job fair today it started at 10:00 am. Stop on by!

39. William

Hi all sorry I haven’t been here in the last couple of weeks I had an interview in Round Rock on the 20th, I am calling back about it today to see if I get a working interview. Last week my internet was cut off and I really could not go very far because of gas. I hope the new year brings more opportunity for all of us. With Obama Care going into effect I am really thinking more people will be on the unemployment lines and with the UI benefits going away, maybe,there will be a lot of people on the street or committing suicide. Well if that’s what the American people want that’s what we got. Small business being crushed by taxes and big business also being taxed out of existence. Oh well that’s my opinion.

40. Jeremy Holt

Jeremy Holt here saying Happy New Year. Also my question is “How will we be notified about the UI Benefits?”

41. hcharwell

o k ,,,thanks

42. MissRudd

– – – -ATTENTION- – – –

Good Morning Everyone, We have a brand new compnay opening up and looking to hire. We will be holding a job event for this company, who’s name will remain anonynous until the event, around Wednesday or Thursday of next week. The following jobs are specific positions they are asking us to prescreen for. If you are interested in this opportunuity, please email me at Rachel@campusjobxpress.com and be sure that your resume is uploaded to your Campusjobxpress.com profile. This company, for most, may require a 20 minute commute.

Here are the open positions:
    -Plant Manager
    -Maintenance Technician
    -Shipping/Receiving Material Handlers
    -Machine operators – Stock Tank Line
    -Assemblers – Dog Kennels and Panel Gates
    -Welders – Galvanized products

You have a very limited time to email your interest for review of your resume. THE EVENT WILL BE NEXT WEEK, HURRY!

– – – -ATTENTION- – – –

43. MissRudd

Also, regarding your UI questions:
    We are working to get each of your questions answered with the most accurate information. We will post the answers as soon as we receive them. Thank you for your patience.

44. MissRudd

—-ATTENTION—-

Home Depot has new positions available and they are HIRING!They will be having a special hiring event Saturday January 12 from 8am-5pm at the Bellmead Home Depot. At this event they will be able to pull your online application (completed prior to event date) and interview you on the spot. For a chance at this opportunity you will want to apply first.

In-store Hourly Positions (Waco/Bellmead):
    https://gateway.careers.homedepot.com/cg/positions.do?storeNumbers=6532&storeNumbers=6830&searchType=1&city=waco&stateAbbrev=TX&zip=&companyId=0&storeNumbersHtml=&positionCodesHtml=&proJobIdsHtml=

Distribution Center Hourly (Texas):
    https://gateway.careers.homedepot.com/cg/dcstores.do?stateAbbrev=TX&storeNumbersHtml=&positionCodesHtml=&searchType=7&isKiosk=false

Corporate (Nationwide):
    https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_homedepot/external/search.do

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at Rachel@campusjobxpress.com and I will do my best to find an answer.

45. jenniferferris

Thank you for the information.

46. Victoria

Thank you for the information. It will be interesting to see what happens, and hopefully it will be something that will help everyone involved. Happy New Year!–V. Nimmo

47. reginamarshall

Thank you so much for the info. I have not received any letter requesting me to come in for any meeting but looking into my available benefits remaining I was approved for extended benefits. I did an online interview last weekend for a potential job at Interview Stream and hoping to hear something back from them soon for a face to face interview. Fingers crossed.
    Happy New Year All!!!

48. zshade37

Once my unemployment insurance is exhausted, what is next. Am just left to the wolves or are there other kinds of assistance or benefits that I may utilize?

49. zonagreen

Thanks for info. Waiting to see what happens.

50. Diana Marquez

Thanks for the great info…Hope everyone has a great New Year

51. ChaiHo

Thank you for the information,
    no question at this time.

52. Michael Dutton

Thanks for the info.

53. Christie Watson

Thank you for the information.I have no questions at this time.

54. kn1964

It’s true if I qualify for extended benefits if I have maxxed out my regular 26 weeks of unemployment, and I’m still unemployed?

I know not every state is authorized to extend jobless benefits. This month is my last month in Unemployment Benefits.
    Thanks.

55. Candice Lovell

Thank you for the information on the job fair at home depot.

56. shellycawthon

Thank you for the info.!

57. cjxpadmin

We will do our best to find out if there are any other resources for assistance. Keep in mind that even if your benefits end you are welcome to continue participating through Campusjobxpress.com in your search for a job.

58. joleajames

Thank you for the information! Looking forward to 2013!! 🙂

59. Mark Shoesmith

Thanks for the updates and new info.

60. Majdi Tannous

Will the benifits expire without notice from the federal government? Will I be informed when?

61. carolsmith1960

Thanks for the information …

Leave a Reply to Patricia Gresham Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *