Do You Want to Work for the City Of Waco?
Have you ever seen a great position that has just come up working for the City of Waco? You tell yourself, “I probably can’t work there; I don’t know anyone there.” Well, not to worry. You don’t have to know anyone there or have a relative or friend who can get you in. You just have to read this little article and use it as a “cheat sheet” if you will, to making it a simple task in applying for a job with the City of Waco.
Firstly, let’s go over some important information.
The City of Waco Human Resources Department is located at City Hall on the First Floor.
The address is
300 Austin Avenue,
Their mailing address is
P.O. Box 2570,
Waco, Texas 78702-2570.
The following are some very important telephone numbers for you to make a note of and keep in a handy place.
Telephone: (254) 750-5740
24-Hour Jobline: (254) 750-5743
Fax: (254) 750-5737
Now, we will provide you with exact instructions for completing an application for employment with the City of Waco.
PLEASE READ FIRST: Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Waco. Before completing your application, read the instructions below and take note of the conditions for employment listed under the instructions.
- New vacancies will remain open for a minimum of five (5) working days and are subject to close at any time thereafter.
- Each position listed in our job openings includes minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications listed for a position will not be considered for employment.
- Applications for employment are not accepted for positions that are not currently posted.
- Each job posting includes a job title, the hiring supervisor’s name, and a four-digit requisition number. Please copy this information in the appropriate blanks on the application. Answer all questions completely and accurately. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it “NA.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. All answers are subject to verification.
- If you are applying for more than one position at the same time, leave the position for which you are applying, requisition number and supervisor’s name blank until copies are made for each position.
- A resume may be submitted along with an application, but not in lieu of one. If a resume is attached, all questions on the application must still be answered completely. Do not use the comment “See Resume” on the application. Copies of other job-related documents such as certificates, diplomas or letters of recommendations may also be attached.
- Please type or write legibly in black or blue ink.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the City of Waco Human Resources Department receives the application(s) for employment.
- Some positions require assessment testing. Minimum testing requirements must be achieved for the application to be considered for employment. Applications will only be considered if specific testing requirements, experience and educational requirements are achieved.
- All college education requires verification through a certified transcript. Please be prepared to provide the certified transcript at the time of the initial interview.
- Applications for employment are reviewed by the hiring supervisor(s). Unsuccessful applicants are not notified when a position is filled due to the high number of applications.
- Any applicant who receives a contingent job offer will be given a pre-employment physical, which includes a drug screening.
- Applicants who have been convicted of a felony in the last ten (10) years or who are currently on felony probation, deferred adjudication, or parole will not be considered for employment. Finalists for any position are subject to a background investigation.
HOW TO APPLY
For a Job Application that can be completed and e-mailed, click here:
- Complete application by typing in all required information and saving to your computer.
- Complete an application for each position you are applying for.
- E-mail your completed application(s) by pressing the submit button or print and mail.
- A resume may also be attached to the e-mail with your application(s), but not submitted in lieu of an application.
In addition to submitting your completed application(s) by e-mail, you can also print out the application, complete (typed or handwritten) and deliver, mail or fax to:
City of Waco Human Resources Department
City Hall, First Floor
300 Austin Avenue
P.O. Box 2570
Waco, Texas 76702-2570